October 8, 2020 | Susan Boxer Kappel, MA, ATR-BC, LCAT, CGP, Conference Chair
We’re thrilled to share the detailed program for AATA’s 2020 virtual conference, Art Therapy Connected: Advancing Mental Health in a Virtual World. The 3-day program provides 57 hours of learning and continuing education. A very special thank you to our presenters who prepared their content at least a month earlier than usual in order to be recorded for the conference!
As a recap, the conference will be held over three days, on Saturday, October 24th, Sunday, November 1st and Saturday, November 7th, and will feature three optional events prior to the start of each day, including Yoga, Art-Making, and a Mindfulness/Self-Care session to help get your day started for a full day of learning! We will end each conference day with 3 options for networking on a variety of topics. We also invite attendees to join us for three mid-week conference events that we hope will encourage a sense of conference community and continuity with more opportunities for connection.
We invite you to explore the detailed program and start to plan your attendance. If you have not yet registered there is still plenty of time to do so in several convenient ways:
By Mail or FAX with the registration form to register by mail, fax or email.
Or call us at (888) 290-0878 or (703) 548-5860 to register by phone.
We Invite You to Share Your Artwork!
- We invite all conference attendees to submit a digital art image for the Conference Art Exhibit we will show each morning before the plenary sessions. Art images are due by October 16th. Read more about the submission process.
- Healing Quilt: Each year at the conference AATA’s Multicultural Committee and other conference participants create a beautiful quilt in the Open Art Studio. The Committee providesraffletickets for attendees to win the quilt from the previous year. Funds raised support the Pearlie Roberson Scholarship Fund. Because the conference is virtual this year, the Multicultural Committee has created a digital art project, the “Healing Quilt,” and we invite everyone to contribute a digital copy of an artwork. Fill out this form to submit your entry! All submissions must be digital JPG format. Please read more about this important activity here and get involved today!
We hope you are as excited as we are about how the virtual conference is shaping up and hope that you will join us! Register today! There are three conference registration packages available. Each offers access to an on-demand library of sessions for the day(s) you register.
- 1-DAY PACKAGE (Select 1 Day) 19 Hours of learning & continuing education with on-demand access.
- 2-DAY PACKAGE (Select 2 Days) 38 Hours of learning & continuing education with on-demand access.
- 3-Day Package 57 Hours of learning & continuing education with on-demand access.