March 14, 2019
March 10-16, 2019 is Creative Arts Therapies Week, an opportunity each year to spread awareness about these life-enhancing professions! Take a moment this week to share what you do as a creative arts therapist every day to improve the lives of others. There are many ways to spread the word! Have a conversation with a colleague, engage on social media using #CATsWeek2019, or contact your elected officials to share your experience about the power of creative arts therapies.
Spread the Word about Art Therapy
- Fill out the Voices of Art Therapy story form with your own story to illustrate your response to the familiar question, “What is Art Therapy?” or share stories from colleagues through the Story Library.
- Share one-pagers on art therapy, research, education, and more!
- Explore the AATA blog and share a post that’s meaningful to you.
- Get involved in the year-long celebration of the AATA’s 50th Anniversary!
Resources on the Creative Arts Therapies
The National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations (NCCATA) is also celebrating an anniversary – 40 years! Founded in 1979, NCCATA is an alliance of professional associations dedicated to the advancement of the arts as a primary therapeutic treatment across a variety of rehabilitative, medical, community, and educational settings. NCCATA represents thousands of individual members of six creative arts therapies associations:
- The American Art Therapy Association
- The American Dance Therapy Association
- The American Music Therapy Association
- The American Society for Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama
- The National Association for Poetry Therapy
- The North American Drama Therapy Association