October 25, 2018 | By Heidi Tournoux-Hanshaw, MA, LPC-AT-S, ATR-BC, ATCS, Conference Chair
We couldn’t be more excited to head to Miami for the 49th Annual Conference! There will be so many opportunities to learn, network, catch up with friends, and let your creativity run wild. Check out these reminders as you pack your bags, finalize your transportation plans and schedule, and add those finishing touches to your costumes.
Get creative with your costumes!
- During the President’s Opening Reception (Wednesday, 7:30 p.m.) The Local Arrangements Committee (LAC) will be awarding prizes for a variety of costume categories: Best overall costume, Best “Art Therapy” related costume, Funniest costume, Scariest costume, Most original costume, Best Group or Duo Costume, and Least Amount of Effort Costume. We look forward to kicking off the conference in celebratory style as we “Eat, Drink, and be Scary!”
- The theme for this year’s closing reception (Saturday, 8:00 p.m.) is Tropical Elegance. In typical Miami style, we’re keeping it easy and breezy with a party theme deigned to showcase Miami’s warm nights and cool vibes. Attendees are encouraged to dress in white for an evening of tropical elegance.
When you arrive in Miami:
- Don’t forget to visit the student art exhibit ARTWORKS: Navigating Schools Success at the Miami International Airport near Carousel 15. Read more here.
- Then head to the Hyatt to register and pick up your badge and tote bag at the Registration Desk located on the lower level of the Hyatt Lobby. Registration Desk hours
- Not registered yet? – No problem! Pre-conference registration is now closed, but you can still register on site!
- Pick up your complimentary art kit from the AEM HI Arts table in the Exhibit Hall. Read more about AEM Hi Arts here.
- The Local Arrangements Committee (LAC) Hospitality Desk will be located next to the Conference Registration Desk at the Hyatt on the lower level. Stop by for information about local attractions, dining, and the Thursday Night on the Town options such as Wynwood Arts District. Read more about the LAC activities and offerings here.
For more details about what to bring with you, transportation, hotel check-in, registration, and more, consult your Conference Welcome Letter that was emailed to all attendees on Wednesday, October 24.
See you in Miami!!
Visit the conference website for more information! www.arttherapyconference.com