March 11, 2023
AATA wants to celebrate you!
Our awards and scholarships are available in five categories:
Each year, the American Art Therapy Association celebrates individual members who are transforming the profession and their communities. We also recognize AATA members who are elevating the field and support the next generation of art therapists.
Join us in honoring the unsung heroes and visionaries of our field by nominating them or yourself for an award. Apply for a scholarship to support your own career. Learn more on MyAATA.
Growing the profession by rewarding excellence in research and supporting emerging and accomplished art therapy researchers.
The Research Committee is now accepting applications for the 2023 Research Awards, which are due May 3, 2023.
- Gladys Agell Award for Excellence in Research
- Rawley Silver Research Award
- Seed Grant Award
Helping students and art therapy’s newest professionals gain access to resources and networking opportunities as they enter their career in the field and help develop the future of the profession.
AATA student members (active Student, Student Plus, and International Student memberships) enrolled in or accepted to undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral programs are eligible to apply. Applications are due May 3, 2023.
- Dr. Ellen G. Horovitz Spiritual Art Therapy Scholarship
- Irene Rosner David Medical Art Therapy Scholarship
- American Art Therapy Association Anniversary Scholarship Fund
- Myra Levick Scholarship Fund
- Laura Greenstone Memorial Scholarship
- Rawley Silver Award for Excellence
- Prasad Family Foundation – International Student Scholarship
- Cay Drachnik Minorities Fund
- Student Scholarship to the American Art Therapy Association Annual Conference
- New Professional Scholarship
Take this opportunity to applaud your colleagues’ outstanding achievements in education, with clients, and contributions towards the art therapy profession as a whole!
Professional members may submit nominations for art therapists through May 3, 2023.
- Distinguished Clinician Award
- Distinguished Educator Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Other Form Award
- Jim Consoli Video/Film Award
- Outstanding Applied Creative Practice Award
- Rudolph Arnheim Award
The Honorary Life Member: Additional opportunities will be announced later this year as the American Art Therapy Association continues to re-evaluate the current Honorary Life Member award and is in the process of creating a completely new Fellowship program. More information will be published as it becomes available.
Supporting multiculturalism in research.
Student and professional members of AATA are encouraged to apply for the Pearlie Roberson Annual Award. Applications are due May 3, 2023.
- Pearlie Roberson Annual Award
Elevating the profession through advocacy.
The recipient must be an AATA Professional member. Nominations may be submitted through May 3, 2023.
- Nancy Schoebel Distinguished Legislative Service Award
Learn more at https://aata.slayte.com/