The American Art Therapy Association celebrates individual members who are making an impact in our profession and community. Every year we recognize AATA members who are elevating the field, and we support the next generation of art therapists who will transform the profession.
This is your opportunity to honor colleagues and recognize the unsung heroes and visionaries of the field—or take the next step in your career by applying for a scholarship.
Read below and find more information on MyAATA for opportunities in the following categories (listed by the application deadline): Research (June 15), Scholarships (July 1), Honors (July 1), Multicultural (July 1), and Governmental Affairs (July 1).
Growing the profession by rewarding excellence in research and supporting emerging and accomplished art therapy researchers.
The Research Committee is now accepting applications for the 2021 Research Awards, which are due June 15, 2022.
- Gladys Agell Research Award
- Rawley Silver Research
Helping students and art therapy’s newest professionals gain access to resources and networking opportunities as they enter their career in the field and help develop the future of the profession.
AATA student members enrolled in or accepted to undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral programs are eligible to apply. Applications are due July 1, 2022.
- Ellen G. Horovitz Spiritual Art Therapy Scholarship
- Irene Rosner David Medical Art Therapy Scholarship
- American Art Therapy Association Anniversary Scholarship
- Myra Levrick Scholarship Fund
- Laura Greenstone Memorial Scholarship
- Rawley Silver Award for Excellence
- Prasad Family Foundation
- Cay Drachnik Minorities Fund
- Student Scholarship to the American Art Therapy Association Annual Conference
- New Professional Scholarship Award
Take this opportunity to applaud your colleagues’ outstanding achievements in education, with clients, and contributions towards the art therapy profession as a whole!
Professional members may submit nominations for art therapists through July 1, 2022.
- Distinguished Clinician Award
- Distinguished Educator Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Honorary Life Member
- Other Award
- Jim Consoli Video Award
- Outstanding Applied Creative Practice Award
- Rudolph Arnheim Award
Supporting multiculturalism in research.
Student and professional members of AATA are encouraged to apply for the Pearlie Roberson Annual Scholarship Award. Applications are due July 1, 2022.
- Pearlie Roberson Annual Award
Elevating the profession through advocacy.
The recipient must be an AATA Professional member. Nominations may be submitted through July 1, 2022.
- Nancy Schoebel Distinguished Legislative Service Award