Chapters of the American Art Therapy Association:
POTOMAC ART THERAPY ASSOCIATION
Visit their Web site by clicking here
About the Potomac Art Therapy Association:
The Potomac Art Therapy Association (PATA) was created in 1975 to increase contact and communication among art therapists in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. Since its inception, PATA has grown to include a variety of mental health professionals and has expanded services to its membership and the community. Its purposes are:
- • to provide a resource for information about art therapy, as well as a referral service to the general public.
- • to provide a forum for ongoing exchange of information among local art therapists.
- • to promote professional growth by offering a quarterly newsletter, seminars, and workshops.
- • to support graduate education in art therapy with a scholarship fund.
- • to represent the interests of area art therapists in legislative affairs at the local, state, and national levels.
- • to maintain membership referrals.